PCREF Prostate Cancer Support Group Meeting
Prostate Cancer Research and Education Foundation (PCREF)
July 9, 2011
To unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org
SATURDAY, July 9, 2011
(Meetings are on the SECOND SATURDAY of each month at Alvarado Hospital.)
6655 Alvarado Road, San Diego, CA 92120 (619) 287-3270
Journal Club: We broaden our understanding, guided by a Prostate Cancer Specialist, Coach Israel Barken, M.D.. Dr. Richard Moyer, our group Facilitator, shares his in-depth knowledge and experience. Take home hand-outs are distributed.
At our meetings, there’s plenty of open microphone time and round table discussion. Everyone has a chance to talk. Please bring a friend!
PCREF offers EVIDENCE-BASED information about PC. Come to a Support Group where FACTS are distinguished from BELIEFS, and OPINIONS are not presented as SCIENTIFIC DATA. Learn what’s real in prostate cancer and what isn’t.
|SATURDAY, July 9th
Location: Alvarado Hospital, 6655 Alvarado Rd, Classroom 1-2-3 on the First Floor.
Time: 10 am – Discussion
NEWCOMERS are welcome! Share experiences with our veteran members. Wives, partners and family members are all welcome too.
Topics of our July Educational Program/Journal Club are:
1. Video: Take-Home Messages from the AUA 2011 Conference
2. Topic: Persistently elevated prostate-specific antigen at six weeks after radical prostatectomy helps in early identification of patients who are likely to recur. World J Urol , June 2011
Coaching with Dr. Barken:
Need to review your situation with an unbiased expert, get indepth answers to your questions or strategize a plan of action?
BEFORE YOU FINALIZE YOUR DECISION, run your treatment plan past Coach Barken.
Weekly Call-In Show – What’s Your Question?
Listen to ASK DR. BARKEN, a free, weekly, national Telephone and Internet Call-In Show with guest experts and educational segments on Sexual Health, Nutrition and Clinical Trials.
Every Tuesday eveing at 6 pm. Dial 1-877-727-3301. TollFree.
- Active Surveillance
- Ask Dr. Barken
- Bone Metastases
- Cancer Stem Cells
- Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Choline 11 PET Scan
- Clinical Trials
- Color Doppler Trans-Rectal Ultrasound
- Cryo Immunotherapy
- Decision Making
- Focal Therapy
- High Intensity Foucused Ultrasound
- Hormonal Blockade
- Hormone Refractory Disease
- Immune Therapy
- Intermittent Hormonal Blockade
- Journal Club
- LIfe Style
- Liquid Biopsy
- Lymph Nodes
- Metastatic Disease
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Disease
- MRI Guided Focal
- Multi Parameteric MRI
- PCREF Support Group Meeting
- PET scans
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Prostate Cancer
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiation treatment
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Sequential Hormonal Blockade
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Support for Prosatate Cancer
- Survival prostate cancer
- Treatments for Prostate Cancer
- Tumor Spheres